Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The things we do for our kids!

I have rug burns on the tops of my toes and I can barely see over my desk at work today… Why you ask? I'm trying to get the baby to cooperate and turn her little booty around so she can come out in a few weeks!

I felt the need to document the lengths I am going to so that I can remind the baby of this when she turns 15 and hates me… I'll remind her that I sat on an exercise ball at work for 2 days looking like a fool every time someone walked around my office. I'll remind her ever so gently that I crawled on all 4s at 8 months pregnant and then sat in what can only be described as a yoga pose gone horribly wrong because she was being stubborn. I'll remind her that while performing said motions that I got rug burns on the tops of my toes! And chances are she'll just call me a dork and keep hating me =)

But as parents, it's our jobs to do everything we can to make our children's lives the best they can be – even before they get here. We found out yesterday at our appointment that the baby is breech right now so after doing some research I've found some "exercises" that may help her get turned the right way. At this point I'm pretty much willing to try anything because as great as a free tummy tuck sounds, not being able to pick up Braden or the baby for 6 weeks afterward doesn't sound appealing at all.

So, we've got another ultrasound next Monday and a doc appointment with my regular doctor on Tuesday at which point we'll have to make a decision about what comes next. As much as I'm not a fan of having a c-section, I have bigger issues with trying to have a breech baby naturally. Way too many ways things can go wrong. So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we'll let you know how things go next week! Think flippy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment