Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why would you ask that?

It always amuses me when people ask questions that they know the answers to… This morning my doctor did another ultrasound to find out that the baby is still breech. She also confirmed what I know that her head is tucked under one side of my ribs and her feet are tucked under the other. She then asked if it hurt? I'm sure the bemused look I gave her went unnoticed, but really? Did you need to ask me that? I have a 9.5 pound baby hanging out on my bladder (I'll get to that later) and her head is poking against my ribs… I told her it hadn't exactly been a real comfortable 2 weeks. As far as the bladder thing – that's the baby's new favorite thing – to try and see how many times she can poke me in the bladder in the span of an hour. She's getting very good at it! I am not quite sure what it is she's poking me with since her hands and feet are both by my ribs, so I'm figuring perhaps she has a pokey butt =)

C-Section is scheduled for 4pm next Monday (Sept 27th) and the Lisowe family is getting ready. We're spending a "quiet" week at home with Braden and trying to balance getting him ready for baby sister and spoiling him in his last week as an only child. He's very excited about the reported "present" that he gets from baby sister. He's also very excited about being a big brother and finally getting to meet her. He still talks to her a lot and got a kick out of it last week when I showed him where her booty was in my belly.

Brad and I are doing well and pretty much 100% settled in the new house. I can't speak for Brad, but I love it here! I love the neighborhood (not that we didn't love our last one) and the amount of room we all have here. It's a little more work in terms of the yard and upkeep, but worth it in the long run! The nursery is all decorated, and the only thing I have left to do is finish putting her name on the wall. I made cute little circles with each letter of her name on them, but Brad won't let me hang them up until she is officially here =) I will give you the initials though – her initials are officially ADL (slight change from what we had thought they would be – it's been a long journey for me on the middle name – which I can explain once she gets here!).

As this may be the last post for a while, thank you all for taking this very special journey with us. I feel totally unprepared at times just because the first time around I had read every book and knew exactly what we were supposed to do at all times. This time I figure we'll just wing it. Brad seems to remember a lot more about what we did with Braden than I do, so hopefully he won't get too sleep deprived and can keep me on the right track! We'll send official news and pictures from the hospital next week! Hugs and kisses to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment