Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gigantor Strikes Again!

So – week 35 check up and the baby is big – and getting bigger… She is measuring between 2.5 and 3 weeks big. Ahh! She is also sitting pretty low already. Doc pretty much told me that she doesn't expect us to go full term. Not sure if I'm bummed or relieved.

Otherwise baby and I are both happy. Blood pressure is good for me – heart beat is good for her. We're to the point of going to the doc once a week, so next appointment is next Tuesday. We'll know more then about growth of the baby, etc.

In other news, the nursery is almost 100% done. We've sent the rocking chair back to Arkansas for some minor surgery (it fell out of the truck during the move!) and we've got to get the rails for the bottom of the crib, but other than that the walls are all decorated and her clothes are all washed and ready to wear. I even put together her diaper bag today! I've started packing our bag for the hospital, but it won't be finished probably until the day we go into the hospital. That is certainly a change from Braden… with him my bag was packed in the second trimester =)

Braden is getting more excited about his baby sister. Wants to know where she is all the time. He is getting adjusted to the new house more and more every day. He even helped decorate his room.

Brad and I are getting settled in, too. We're pretty much down to hanging pictures on the walls, which I would say is a pretty big accomplishment. I think I can speak for the whole family in saying that we made the right decision and will love this house for years to come. Now we just have to sit and wait for the rest of our little family to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment