Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's Settled!

It's Settled!

Well – It's pretty much settled. Baby A will come out via a c-section on Monday, September 27th. Other than being upside down, she looked very healthy during her ultrasound yesterday. She is also gigantic! I seriously almost fell off the table when the doc told me she weighed 8lbs 15 ozs – and that was at 37 weeks and 1 day! I also couldn't tell the number to any of my other mommy friends without laughing. Now I'm kinda glad she's upside down! She also has her head in one side of my ribcage and her feet in the other for maximum levels of discomfort.

We took our ultrasound pix home and showed Braden. He seemed excited, but he was more excited when I showed him where baby sister's head and booty were. He spent the evening talking to her head and yelling at her booty. We've been getting him ready for what's coming up in the next few weeks and he even has a special surprise for anyone who drops by to see his new baby sister. He's been such a big helper boy since we've moved and is really growing up…some days!

As for me – apparently some things haven't changed from one pregnancy to another. I've got carpal tunnel again in my right hand which causes it to fall asleep about 5-6 times per hour. Nothing that won't go back to normal – just very annoying. I did also have the first person comment on my lack of a wedding ring last week sometime. I long for the day (in two weeks) when I can get it back on! I miss seeing it! Other than that and some minor discomfort and a total lack of being able to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time, I'm doing great. Weight is good (I think I'm at around 33 pounds gained total) and blood pressure continues to be good, so now we're in the home stretch.

The nursery is all ready and I can say I can't be more proud of how it turned out. It is pretty much exactly what I wanted for her! I did have the doc confirm yesterday that she is indeed a girl so we don't have any surprises. The one sad thing is that I'm not sure she'll fit into the outfit I wanted to bring her home in. Normally no big deal, but it's the one I wore home from the hospital and it's just not looking like I can stuff a 10 pound baby in there… Maybe I can let her wear the dress as a belly shirt =)

In house news, we are officially all settled in. Brad got our pictures hung up (and despite what he tells you it did not take him 4 hours) and we had our open house over the weekend. I had so much fun showing off all of the hard work to our friends and family. Now we've got a huge to do list, but what home owner doesn't? I think Brad is going to spend his last weekend as a 1-kid-dad getting his workshop put together so he has a place to retreat =)

Back to the doc next week and unless something changes between now and then, we're on track for a 9/27 delivery. Thanks for all the well wishes and kind notes over the past week. Brad and I feel much more confident about the c-section now than we did at this time last week. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment