Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Playing Catch Up

As promised, the rest of the stuff that you've missed =) Enjoy!

Now, Amelia is a pretty friendly baby, but she was not a fan when she met cousin Madden. Not sure why because I thought he was an angel!

Mom, Amelia, Mike, and Madden - Dec 2010
Shortly after the beginning of the year, Atlanta got a crazy ice storm. The funny thing is that I had no idea it was coming until about 6 hours before it hit. We were in the Special Agent Oso phase in the mornings instead of mommy watch the news phase and so I was rather out of touch with reality. Thank God my mom came to stay with us and I wasn't all alone with the babies for a week. That's right – we were trapped at our house for a week! Mom tried to make it out once, but slid back down the hill. She also had to hike it to the store once because we ran out of Amelia's medicine and Diet Cokes =)

Braden loved playing outside in the snow and sledding down our GIANT driveway. The main draw for him though was eating the snow!


Mom and Braden - Jan 2011
Shortly after the big storm, we started potty training Braden. He took really well to #1 and learned over a weekend (that is not to say that we don't still have accidents!), but #2 is a whole different story. We're still working on that one =(
Bye-Bye Pee Pee
In February, Amelia started daycare. It was way less traumatic for me than when Braden started, but not any less for her. She adjusted after a day or so and everyone there told me she was "such a happy baby"!




Amelia's 1st day of school
In March, we celebrated the big event - otherwise known as Braden's birthday. He turned 3 and in true Benson fashion, we celebrated for a week! His birthday party was at Burger King with about 10 of his friends. We had a Cars theme and he had a blast!



Amelia started eating "real" food. She doesn't like anything green, and of course loves all fruit. I think she is slightly less messy than her brother was =)

Braden learned how to ride his trike. He was very adamant that he did not know how until we moved and Evan and Caroline could ride theirs. It took all of a day after he saw what fun they were having, for him to decide to join in.

Now, for those of you who know me well, this next one is perhaps one of the most important milestones in a child's life. Amelia (and Pops) got to experience her first trip to McClard's. We spent the day in Hot Springs with Mimi, Pops, and Braden.

McClard's

Hot Springs near the Prommenade

We moved, but I don't want to spend a lot of time on that subject. I miss Atlanta, and so does Braden, but we're both happy in our new home. I'm not sure Amelia has noticed yet =) There was a brief moment right after we moved where Braden started sleeping in his closet, but he's back in the bed…for now.

Aunt Amie came to visit. We had a blast hanging out and I think we might have acted as birth control for the next little while. The kids (all 4 of them) were in rare form that day. I say rare form like it surprises me that they all feed off of each other and run around screaming when they get together…


Memorial Day was a blast. We hung out with Melissa and Bobby and their water slide. Think that pretty much covers it!

My water baby

I guess to sum things up, Amelia is growing like a weed. She's in 88% for height. She is crawling, pulling up, and walking assisted. Braden is also doing well. He counted to 20 for me yesterday and knows at least half of his letters by sight. They love each other so much and you won't found a mom who is more proud of her kids than I am of mine. Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment