Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Big News (No not the sex!)

3 weeks ago

Well – the lines have been clearly drawn in our household. While Braden still wavers from day to day between doogie and baby, he has come down firmly on the baby brother side.

It's actually very cute. We've been trying to get Braden used to the idea of a baby and why he has to be more gently with mommy, so I started pointing to my belly and telling him he can rub on the baby. That's all well and good until he wants to see the baby. I still haven't quite figured out how to explain to him that the baby is inside mommy. For now I just tell him the baby is napping…

Feeling pretty good – especially compared to last week. I still have a little bit of swelling, but nothing like last week. I'm starting to not be able to fit into my wedding ring, which is a bummer. Other than that we're just enjoying the beautiful week we're having outside and getting ready for more visits with family.

Baby is kicking a little bit, so I guess maybe she's trying to say hi.

Today:
So I always have good intentions of blogging, but obviously since I started one 3 weeks ago and never published it, those intentions are not being followed through on!

Starting to get a bump. I'm at the point where if I don't wear maternity clothes folks must wonder if I'm fat or pregnant. Maternity shirts from here on out for me =)

Feeling great though. My back has finally started to feel better for the most part. Hopefully it stays this way. Still swollen, so apparently that isn't going to change.

Doc appt next week (17 weeks) so hopefully the week after we'll have our ultrasound to determine the sex. Yay!

One other big note – we're in the process over the next 6 weeks of getting the house ready to put on the market. Over 17 hours of driving to and from Arkansas, Brad and I determined that now is the perfect time to buy a bigger house. We realize we may not get everything out of this house that we've put into it, but Duluth seems to be really rich in foreclosure houses in our size and our budget. That means that we get to stay in the area we've come to love, and get the house we need. Anyway, wish us luck. I know we're crazy to attempt to do this right now, but for us I think it just may be the right decision for now.

So – don't be surprised later this year if I come begging for help moving. Doctor already won't be life anything over 30 pounds (Braden is only 28!) so I won't be too much help.

One more update – as I mentioned earlier, we just got back from a quick weekend trip to Arkansas. We stopped by Ross and Amie's house and saw Murfreesboro and my friend Ashley. Then onto Arkansas to stay with Bobby and Melissa for the weekend. They were nice enough to host a bday party for Braden for some family and friends. Thanks to all who made our weekend so great. It was the perfect mini vacation. Always great catching up with people who we don't get to see that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment