Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Secret's Out!

Well, the list of folks sharing our new joy for our new addition is growing by the day. Saturday we had my birthday party and Brad let me tell our friends who came along. We're still waiting to broadcast to the world, but it's so exciting to be able to celebrate with family and close friends. I think the plan is to wait and tell most everyone else until after our first doctor visit.

I realized something this weekend when at a friend's baby shower that made me jump for joy. I'm not new at this anymore. I know that every pregnancy is different, but there are things that will be the same, too. There were 4 first time moms-to-be at this shower and they were all huddled up seeking advice from each other and wondering what such and such would be like. I sat back, smiled, and thought to myself – "Amateurs!" Not to say that the first pregnancy wasn't wonderful and magical and wonderful – it was – but it was also scary and unknown.

This time around I know that I have a super sense of smell and that Herbal Essence will probably make me want to throw up. I know the difference between the first kick and gas. I know that not following every single rule in every single baby book ever written will most likely not cause irreparable damage to our unborn child. I know to be cautious, but not to a fault.

I would like to say that I miss the awe of the first pregnancy, but the truth is, I don't. Brad and I are both over the moon excited about this baby, too, but I'm also excited to know what to expect. It doesn't mean I don't wake up early already thinking about what all we have to get done before the baby comes, but at least this time we know… and Knowing is Half the Battle.
By the way – Braden still wants a baby sister. Brad is busy trying to convince him that he wants twin baby brothers, but for now, Braden's on my side. Truthfully I think once it comes out, Braden won't want either, so we've got a little less than 8 months to get him ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment