Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ballet Birthday Bash

Ok, so I know I've been bad about updating this, but life has been a little hectic lately! I have some great blogs in the works so stay tuned!


Since I last wrote, Amelia has turned 1! And of course in true Benson fashion, we partied! On Amelia's actual birthday, we headed out to Aunt Nancy's house for cupcakes and presents from the family! The birthday girl tried to sample each and every cupcake, but can you blame her when we sat her on the table right next to the cupcake stand?
My aunt made her her own cake and cupcakes for everyone else. The other 3 kids ate 11 cupcakes between themselves!
New rocking horse from the Sanders

Last day for bottles - I'm a big girl now!





Then, on Friday Mimi came to town to help us celebrate! it was off to one year picture session (after mommy and Mimi had some Cothoms downtown!)

Saturday before her party we went to the pumpkin patch and both kids had a blast. Then it was off to nap for Amelia and time for mommy to get the party ready. Now, we've discussed my tendency to go slightly overboard with birthdays, but I do not see anything wrong with individual tulle tutus for each cupcake… I really don’t =) The theme of the party was a ballet birthday. Mommy made tutus for all of the little girls that came to the party. The weather was perfect so we partied outside with lots of friends and family! Amelia very much enjoyed her cake and then it was off for a quick bath and outfit change. Then it was present time. She got lots of great stuff, and she wanted to hold it all at one time. Every time she got a new baby or pair of shoes she would try to squish it all into her chubby little hands at once.


The table with the banner mommy made for Amelia

Mimi, Amelia, and Marlee

Mmmm...cake!

Yes I'm under here, but I must have room for all my babies!

Good party...I'm ready for next year!


It was a wonderful time, celebrated with special people, and even though she won't remember it, I will. We had a wonderful time celebrating Miss Amelia!
Now, in honor of birthdays gone by, I'm posting some pics from some of my old birthday parties. You can probably start to see how I got the crazy birthday gene… (you mean it's not normal to wake up on your birthday to a banana with candles in it and the family singing happy birthday to you?)
13th birthday dance party with Lizzie Hood - we had a rock and roll theme

9th birthday pool party at the Holiday Inn (January birthdays do not lend themselves to outdoor pool parties!)

Another pool party birthday

Luau birthday party - mom hand made the outfits for all the girls

No comments:

Post a Comment