Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We've got a Live one…

We've got a Live one…

Sorry I didn't have a chance to update you after my last doc appt, but we left the next day for vacation.

Anyway, all is well with mom and baby. I told the doc that she was a week and a day ahead of schedule and the doctor just shot me a sideways glance… Now let me tell you something… Sideways glances are good from your significant other, not from your doctor. Especially when that sideways glance involves something that will be exiting a very small hole in your body in the not too near future! So needless to say I'm not expecting baby girl to stay in until her due date. I have nicknamed her Gigantor for the meantime =)

On a more fun note, she is super active now! Still pretty much at regular intervals (thank you for that!), but more often during the intervals and more active when she's active. Brad has gotten to feel her (she must know I'm talking about her because she just kicked my belly button!) a few times. He poked her in the head the other day because she wasn't moving for him and she then proceeded to kick back for the next 4 hours. Note to self – do not poke the baby in the head! We tried to get Braden to feel her, but he wasn't too keen on it yesterday. Oh well.

I also found out some great news when I got back from vacation yesterday – Tabitha is having a boy! For those of you who don't know, we went through our first pregnancies together and her daughter is 5 weeks older than Braden. Now she's due 5 weeks after me and having a boy. Our two little perfect pairs!

Vacation was a blast. Baby cause minor discomfort after I slid down waterslides for an hour, but other than that felt great! Braden had a blast seeing everyone and sleeping in his "special bed" his grandpa made. We also learned on vacation that Braden can escape from the pack n play so that is no longer a viable containment method for us =( We put him down for a nap one day and half an hour later he proudly proclaimed from the top of the stairs "I'm out daddy!" That was fun!

I guess there's no other news for now. Enjoying some much needed downtime after the past several months. Will keep everyone informed!

PS - We're putting an offer in on a house this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment