Friday, May 28, 2010

Rants and Raves

Starting today with a rant, but ending on a good note. But, before the rant – baby girl is alive and kicking! ALL THE TIME! She kicks way more than I remembered Braden kicking (but perhaps I just forgot what he did). She tends to kick in the morning and then at night, but not too much from about 2-6 or 7pm. Anyway – I have another ultrasound next Friday morning so I'm excited about that. Next appt. with our doctor is June 15th, but right now all is well.

Ok, so for my rant – maternity clothes. I know I spend way too much time on the blog talking about them, but I'm in them a lot these days! Where did all of the cheap Maternity clothes go? Let's be real… I don't spend all that much money on my "real" wardrobe, so the thought of spending hundreds and hundreds on a maternity wardrobe irritates me to no end. I was lucky enough to have my mom and Brad's mom help me out with my summertime maternity wardrobe earlier this year, so that has been nice.

But – Wal Mart no longer sells maternity, Target, JCP, Babies R Us, Kohls, etc all have exactly 2 racks in their maternity sections. Leaving me two options – 1) shop at the high end stores or 2) drive all over God's creation trying to find the two simple items I needed (leggings and a swim suit). I chose option 2. Target, thank goodness, had my leggings and I'm loving them, but I literally went to 8 stores in search of a maternity swimsuit under $45. I FINALLY found one on clearance at the 8th store I went to. Madness! I am just wondering where all of the pregnant women I see walking around get their clothes… They must all either be willing to spend a boatload of money OR make their own clothes because I promise they aren't getting them anyplace else!

So, enough of the rant. I have to end this wonderful start to a holiday weekend blog on a high note. I have noticed lately that Braden is in what I call the "fascination stage". He is fascinated and amused by literally everything. Yesterday he and Brad spent time galloping around the kitchen and you would have thought that they had just been to see Adam Sandler live the way Braden was laughing. He shrikes with glee every time he runs through a bubble or finds a worm. I wonder though, when did we lose that? I miss being amazed by things like that and loving life that much. I am going to make an effort over the next several months to pattern my life more after Braden's and less like my sulky co-workers. I encourage you to do the same and get back to the "fascination stage".

Enjoy your holiday weekends! We'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe walmart dropped maternity. Sears use to carry it & dropped it, too! My favorites are Penney's & Target. You can order online and return to the stores, too! I like your comments about being fascinated. Lots of times I get caught up in the day to day things that need to get done & need to remind myself to look at the world through C&C's eyes :)

    ReplyDelete